There are a wide range of options for investment advice. The key factors that distinguish DIA and its investment manager:
- The investment manager has twenty years of institutional investing experience, managing portfolios of up to $500 million.
- Intense personalized service. DIA will create a customized investment plan for each client that will be based on your financial situation and long term needs. The investment manager closely oversees each portfolio, it is not handed off to third party managers.
- No product selling, no commissions, no placement of funds with third party advisors, and clients will not be passed along to junior staff.
- Specialized expertise in fixed income investing. DIA can create an individualized portfolio of bonds and other fixed income assets for the fixed income portion of the portfolio. Few investment managers have the expertise to manage this, relying on bond funds, which have many disadvantages.
- Cost effective service. Many advisors place clients in third-party mutual funds which acts as a "double charge" to the client. DIA does not rely on mutual funds, removing this additional cost.
- As a Registered Investment Advisor, DIA has a fiduciary obligation to put the client's interest first. In contrast, many advisors and stockbrokers are held to a weaker "suitability" standard and can choose investments based on which pays a higher commission. Click on this link to learn more about the benefits of working with a fiduciary.