There are a wide range of options for investment advice. The key factors that distinguish DIA and its investment manager:
- Specialized expertise in fixed income investing. DIA creates and closely manages an individualized portfolio of bonds and other fixed income assets. Few investment managers have similar expertise, instead relying on bond funds, which have many disadvantages.
- The investment manager has twenty years of institutional investing experience, managing fixed income portfolios of greater than $500 million.
- Intense personalized service. DIA closely oversees each portfolio; it is not handed off to third party managers like many other wealth management firms.
- No product selling, no commissions, no placement of funds with third party advisors, and clients will not be passed along to junior staff.
- Cost effective service. Many advisors place clients in third-party fixed income mutual funds which acts as a "double charge" to the client. DIA does not rely on mutual funds, removing this additional cost.
- As a Registered Investment Advisor, DIA has a fiduciary obligation to put the client's interest first. In contrast, many advisors and stockbrokers are held to a weaker "suitability" standard and can choose investments based on which pays a higher commission. Click on this link to learn more about the benefits of working with a fiduciary.